At Oradental, we care about your health and your smile! We are here to help guide your oral health care and provide you with the trusted treatment you need.
Here are 5 things you may not know about your teeth, as shared by the AAO:
1. A tooth can come into the mouth with a cavity.
2. A cavity is one of the few things the body cannot heal. It just gets larger with time, unless a dentist removes the decay and places a filling.
3. A tooth can grow in upside down, sideways or backwards.
4. Diet soda and sports drinks can be just as tough on teeth as regular soda. Both contain acid. Acid attacks the enamel surface of your teeth and can lead to cavities. Some bottled waters and flavoured bubbly waters can be acidic enough to cause cavities too!
5. Baby teeth hold space for the permanent teeth that follow – it’s important to hang onto them until they’re ready to come out on their own.
To make sure your teeth and smile are healthy and strong, visit us at Oradental in Scarborough Toronto.