Having healthy gums is as essential as having healthy and strong teeth. If you want to avoid gum disease or periodontal disease, it is important to learn how to keep your gums healthy.
Taking care of your teeth plays a vital role in preventing gum disease. When bacteria form into plaque and is not removed, it can accumulate between your teeth and gums. Then, the gums will become inflamed and deteriorate over time, which can cause damage bone structures of the mouth and can result in tooth loss. To avoid this from happening, start taking care of your gums, teeth and your overall oral health.
– Brush regularly at least twice a day, or if you can brush every after meals. Use a soft bristle toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste when brushing.
– Floss once daily and clean your tongue. Removing dirt from hard to reach crevices is crucial to avoid plaque formation. Cleaning your tongue can prevent bacteria from sticking to it.
– Rinse with mouthwash and water to clear away food residue after flossing and tongue cleaning.
– Quit smoking and eat healthy food that will promote healthy teeth and gums.
– Avoid sugary food and drinks and focus on eating balanced meals.
– Have regular checkups. You have to visit your dentist regularly to ensure that your gums are healthy.
If you have any questions about maintaining healthy gums, don’t hesitate to contact us at Oradental in Toronto. Our dental office is conveniently located on Lawrence St and we look forward to having you!